Saturday, September 6, 2014

Technology never ceases to amaze me

I went to the Boston Abilities Expo today it is a weekend-long event where various assistive technology, disability advocacy groups, and hospitals came together to advertise their goods and services they offer.  I liked how the even was called "Abilities Expo" because it really was about finding ways to showcase people's abilities and potential no matter what they might be facing. I'll never forget seeing a little girl aged about 3 or 4 and she was trying out this machine (I never heard the name) that was helping her walk. She just looked so excited to be walking. I also saw a man that had a similar walking aid machine that I couldn't be sure but I think was operated by various buttons so he pressed the buttons depending on how he wanted to move or sit. I like seeing things like that, how technology can help people so much and make them feel happy. It's amazing how far we've come and I realize we have more to do but what I like most about technology is that it can help people to do things they really want to do in so many ways.  I know that I mainly use technology to write and I do find freedom in it and I can use it to help people which is what I want to do most-what makes me feel happiest. So here's to technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment