Saturday, May 2, 2015

Finding strength

"We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated." -Maya Angelou

There have been times when I felt like I had reached rock bottom and looking back I'm rather glad that I always found a way to get back up again. With that in mind I know that I can face what comes because I know that I will come out stronger and better for the experience even when things might not seem so great at the time. In a way this quote reminds me of my time on my high school track team. I was on the team for all 4 years at the school and in all that time I didn't win a race but I still felt like a winner because the whole team cheered everyone on no matter what. Thinking of it reminds me of how good  it is to have people who believe in you. With the love and support of people I care about and who care about me, somehow I know that I cannot really fail. I may not "win"everything but I know that I'll be all right no matter what and that thought helps me keep going and never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment