Saturday, June 15, 2013

To eat or not to eat a muffin

Today I made some banana chocolate chip muffins for my roommates just because I like baking and I like my roommates. The only thing now is that there's only one left!  I don't know what it is about there being only one piece left of a food item whether it's pieces of cake, muffins, cupcakes or whatever, I always feel weird about taking the first or last piece. It just makes me feel so dang awkward. Anyway, my thought process about this last solitary muffin is as follows: (Felt like sharing it to let off some steam.)

Thought 1: I want to eat the muffin but I'm trying to put myself on a diet not to eat sweet stuff. (The diet thing is not going so well but it's the thought that counts, right?)
 Thought 2:  I don't know if my roommates want it. 
Thought 3: I could just go ask them if they want the muffin.
Thought 4: If I ask if they want the muffin they'll probably just say no because then they'll know I want to eat the muffin! I think I'm really over thinking this!
Thought 5: Oh for goodness sakes, I left the muffin in our kitchen so anyone can take it. If it's still there tomorrow I could just not argue with myself anymore (because arguing with anyone even myself makes me tired) and ask my roommates if they want it. Then if they say they don't want it I'll break my diet for 1 day, get myself out of this intense internal struggle and eat it! Sounds like a plan, finally! I guess I'll just have to see what happens tomorrow!


2 comments: