Wednesday, April 16, 2014

An unexpected gift

Today I was at a friend's house when she noticed that some of her daffodils had been blown over because of the strong winds we've been having recently. to save them she gathered up the ones that were still in good shape and tied them together with a piece of string. I fully expected she'd bring them into her house and set them on her kitchen table. Instead, all of a sudden she turned around and gave them to me. I was really touched because like I said, she could have enjoyed flowers in her home but instead she chose to spread the happiness and give some to me. I think the best gifts are unexpected surprises because they should be as it's more fun that way. Plus, they help me to be hopeful for the next good things that will come in the future. For now, the flowers my friend gave me made my day better and made me feel good inside. It's a very happy ending to my day!




No comments:

Post a Comment