Monday, April 21, 2014

Hooray for the Boston Marathon runners

I want to take this opportunity to root for everyone who ran/participated the Boston Marathon just because I think just finishing the race is a wonderful accomplishment and because I think they're all very brave. I know from my time in track and field that it takes a lot of effort both physical and mental to run a distance. Plus, I think sports like marathons are places where people come together, put aside any differences they have and just compete for the pure joy of putting forth a lot of effort to win something good. In my eyes just finishing is winning because finishing means that people don't give up no matter how hard things might be. I think having that spirit is especially important this year because it shows that nothing can really stamp out that spirit. So I salute everyone who ran today as I'm so proud of all of them and it was a privilege to watch them all. I'm proud of them because they remind me how great it is to be resilient and I resolve to live by that example. While Boston showed that it is and will always be strong, everyone who ran showed so much strength today and I hope they keep on running and finishing every race.



No comments:

Post a Comment