Thursday, November 5, 2015

A writing assignment

I've become part of a writer's group and today we were assigned to write about great love-this is what I wrote.


My greatest love-now I could go on about how I love my family and friends (and  I do very much, by the way) but right now when I think of great love, I think of all things, MINIONS! For those who don’t know, Minions are yellow creatures that typically wear blue overalls and are featured in the Despicable Me movies along with a movie  that’s just about them. They basically follow the evilest person they can find and make it their mission to do the evildoer’s bidding, with hilarious results.  The love I have for minions has led me even to make a few Minions out of clay in an art class I took recently.   

Ever since I saw the Minions in those movies, I can’t help but love them. I really love how they make me laugh. If I’m ever in a bad mood, or just upset, I think of them and somehow I feel better.  I even like how they fight over bananas somehow.  (After all, what is life without a few good bananas!) They show me that even fighting can be funny in some cases. I wish more fights could be resolved by laughter. 

When my boss (who is a very understanding man, by the way), found out how I felt about Minions he bought me a Minion T-shirt. When he gave it to me, he said that he thought I liked Minions so much because I live deviously through them, which allows me to be the good woman that I am (little does he know..heh, heh, heh.)

What my boss said somehow make me think about great love in general. I think great love makes us be our true selves because I believe that like Minions (who are just shamelessly evil-and they let everyone know it) love also has no secrets.  I (unlike a Minion) might be able to hide what I feel but it does feel so much better to tell someone that I love them. In a broader sense, Minions aside, it used to really annoy me in movies and books when people would die without telling someone they loved them. I resolved to tell people I loved them so that when I eventually kick that dang bucket, no one would be in any doubt that I cared about them very much.  I think great love is especially great if it is shared.  In a way, I feel that Minions reinforced that to me. Minions need each other, not just to survive, but to really live.  Survival is just getting through the day-really living is something different. Really living to me is doing things that make you feel fulfilled.

All I know is that love makes me feel alive. I find that in my heart, what I really love is people. I believe all we have in life is each other.  I can only really love Minions as an idea. I love people more and I resolve to keep loving them greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment