Wednesday, November 4, 2015

How Maggie developed fairly decent judgement

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/will_rogers.html#bu1vg7Vte0u4eTlx.99


Here are some of the things I've learned that helped me develop pretty good judgement (at least that's what I like to think anyway.)


  • While it can be fun to  ski straight down a hill without turning, stopping without falling down was a bit of a problem for me! (Still, it was fun!)
  • As much as I might like to rebel, when my parents told me not to do something, those instructions were usually for a good reason. (Things like instructions not to touch a hot stove come to mind.) I still look to my parents for advice-even if I still disregard some of it.
  • Taking a job just to do it does make money but it didn't make me happy. I feel I'm lucky now to be doing something I really enjoy and having lovely coworkers makes it that much better.
  • Other than in cases where one needs a diversion or an escape route, for me, shouting wasn't always the most constructive way to end an argument.
  • Overall, my life is more fun with mistakes in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment