Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Destiny

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." -Jean De La Fontaine

I've found that things I thought wouldn't be good for me to do, somehow were the best things that could have happened to me. I do believe in destiny just because I feel it's nice to think that there's a plan for everything, even if I don't always know what the plan is. Perhaps the not knowing is what makes life more fun.  However, it does feel really nice to find out where one is supposed to be, it feels like coming home. For example,


  • I always thought I'd stay in Michigan, I grew up there and I always liked being home, just because I felt safe and much loved when I'm with my family. It wasn't so much that I didn't feel safe and loved in other places, there was just something special about being home. However, In many ways, I think I'm lucky my parents influenced to go to school out of state. As much as I still love Michigan, I realize home is wherever I come to rest and that my family is always with me in my heart. I think my destiny is to travel and right now to live near Boston. 
  • On a smaller scale, it took me ages to learn to ride a bike-perhaps due to lack of depth perception but more to do with fear. Now, although I highly doubt that being a professional cyclist is in the cards for me, I do enjoy riding my bike. It shows me I'm destined to go places!
  • I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 19. I used to think it was something I'd always hate having. However, I've come to find that it is one of the best things that could have happened in that it helps me to trust in the good in people.  Complete strangers have been really kind and have helped me when I really needed it. Plus, having epilepsy helped me meet some really wonderful people through support groups.  In that way, I've learned I've come full circle with my diagnosis, so maybe it was my destiny. What I do know though is that it turned out to be a good thing despite the fact that at first it was something I didn't want to deal with. 
I hope that whatever you face in life, that it leads to something good for you even if the way to what you want or need doesn't seem like the most direct route!

No comments:

Post a Comment