Saturday, February 9, 2013

Why getting older is awesome!

I never understood why people are so afraid of getting older which is why I love the anonymous quote:"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - wine in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!" I plan to live by that idea and part of my motivation to do so came from my experiences reading to a 94 year old woman. She was the wife of a high ranking Navy officer. She had traveled all over the world with him and she had a multitude of stories to prove it.  To make a long story short, she taught me how important it was to live life to the fullest. Like her and in many ways to honor her memory,  I fully intend to have awesome stories to tell people about fun and unusual things I did, the people I helped (and continue to help), and just about life in general!

To me age is a beautiful thing and I want to embrace that. After all, laugh lines just show that there's been a lot of laughter in my life and what's a life without laughter? Gray hairs would seem to indicate a life of adventures-even if they might also indicate that times have been a tad stressful and difficult-but then who has ever heard of an "easy, no-stress-involved adventure?" So I say fooey on all those anti-wrinkle creams! As I get older I'm going to keep my wrinkles dang it!  I'll be dang proud of them because they'd show I'd done a lot of living and that I still have a lot of living to do! My ultimate goal: to be able to look back on my life and think: "it's been a wonderful ride and I still have enough spunk left for more!"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for commenting on this blog as a whole.I'm really glad it's being read and that it's (I hope) helping people smile more! :)

    ReplyDelete