Sunday, February 10, 2013

You Do Not Know The Power of the SNOW...until you've experienced Blizzard Nemo!



Having grown up in a state with cold winters, I thought I had a fairly good idea of what the concept of snow meant-that is until I moved to New England.  Snow in New England (at least this winter) is kind of like scary drivers with road rage. The latest storm didn't just run the stop sign by my apartment, it left it, as you can see, looking like the sign version of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. As you can also sort of see form the picture, the sidewalk is completely buried and in parts, the snow was blown into drifts up to my waist. Because I'm short, walking on the sidewalk was kind of like walking in a tunnel with no ceiling. It did make me think a bit about the part in the movie Star Wars Episode V  where Luke Skywalker is chased through horribly deep snow by this equally horrible animal that is my everlasting image of what the Abominable Snowman should look like. So as I walked back from the store, although I do like a good bit of adventure now and then, I was infinitely glad that I wasn't being chased by a dirty great furry white monster, as I'm sure he'd gobble me up in 5 seconds flat, groceries and all. Anyway, my friends and I made the snowman below and I thought about naming it The Yeti, but now I think it's too cute to be abominable!



No comments:

Post a Comment