Monday, July 7, 2014

The best things since sliced bread

Today in 1928 Sliced bread was sold for the first time by the Chillicothe Baking Company of Chillicothe, Missouri. It is described as the greatest forward step in the baking industry since bread was wrapped!"-historyorb.com.

Sometimes I've found myself describing something that I like as "the best thing since sliced bread" just because I'm extremely pleased that particular item got invented. Those things make my life so much better! So thanks to all inventors! Who knows, maybe one day I'll invent something to rival sliced bread too! For the heck of it, here's a short list of things I'm glad were invented!
  • Public transportation- I couldn't get around without it!
  • iPohones because they allow me to have music wherever I go and of course communicate with people.
  • Ice cream- love it!
  • Air conditioning/central heating. Being cool in summer is lovely! Also, as much as I can light a fire...eventually, I have to admit I'm a tad lazy when it comes to things like that- it's just nice to be warm and cozy without a lot of effort.
  • Airplanes! With their help I can fly!
  • Libraries/books- I love reading!
  • Winter hats with ear flaps! I love hats that keep your ears warm!
  • Baths/showers- I always feel better after taking a bath/shower-although I'm sadly lacking in a rubber ducky! (which coincidentally is another thing I'm glad was invented.)
  • Art-it's just so beautiful and  since pictures are easy to buy it's nice to have something pretty to look at!
  • Blogs-my life is better because of this blog!  


No comments:

Post a Comment