Thursday, May 12, 2016

Never did I think I....

Today for whatever reason I started thinking of all the things I've done that I thought I wouldn't do, including:

  • Riding a bike 500 miles. I like riding a bike, I just didn't think I"d ever ride that far...until I did it. I went on an Outward Bound trip with a group from my local YMCA when I was in middle school. I biked around Michigan and it took about 2 weeks to do it. It was actually  a lot of fun and something I'm really glad I did.
  • Getting published. I've contributed to, edited, and written articles and papers throughout my work experience. My hope is that they help someone do further studies. I've always liked helping people. Some day I'd like to write a book. I think that would be really cool. 
  • Moving away from Michigan. When I was younger I really loved being home and with my family because I always knew that I was protected, safe and loved. However, I'm glad that they influenced me to go out of state to school. It made me see that I could do really well on my own. It helped me grow up.
  • Get laid off from a job. Although I didn't see it as a positive thing at first, I'm glad it happened because looking back now, I'm in a much happier position and although I miss the people I used to work with, if I hadn't left that former job, I wouldn't be in the job I very much enjoy now. It was a blessing in disguise. 
  • Writing a blog. It's been a really wonderful experience and I'm glad its something I can keep doing. Writing something positive each day has really helped me. I always feel better after writing a post.
What I learned from all this is that I never know what I can do until I do something.  It's helped me see that my life is an adventure and I can't afford not to live it up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment