Friday, May 20, 2016

Walk for the Epilepsy Foundation New England tomorrow!

The annual walk for the Epilepsy Foundation New England is tomorrow (5/21) and I'm super excited about it!! The walk will officially start at 10 AM but registration begins at 8:30 AM. The walk will take place at the Hallet Street Entrance of Pope John Paul II Park Dorchester, MA 02124. As I mentioned in a previous post, Epilepsy Foundation New England is an organization that is very close to my heart. Their programs like art therapy, support groups, and job readiness training have helped so many people, myself included. Being involved with the Foundation has been a very happy experience for me. I think the most important thing that they've done for me is provide me with a community of people who are so wonderful and supportive. Having a medical condition can be very isolating experience. So it's been very comforting to know that I'm not alone and that I can share my experiences with other people and feel safe doing so. For these reasons and many others (too many to write in one blog post), if you're in the Boston area I hope that you will come and join me at the walk.

As a further incentive to come, there will be great food, music, and face painting. (In addition to a lot of fun people you can hang out with!) Hope to see you there!

(If you can't come to the walk in person but would still like to support the Epilepsy Foundation New England it would mean a great deal to me if you could sponsor me for the walk by following this link: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/maggie-sheets/BostonWalk2016.

Thank you very much for your support!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment