Thursday, June 26, 2014

First movie

Today in 1896 the first movie theater  in the US opened in New York charging 10 cents to see a show. I'm not sure what the first movie shown in it was but I do wish it still only cost 10 cents to see a show in a theater. I know that with things like Neflix and Youtube I can pretty much watch whatever I want but there's something nice about watching movies in a theater. I like the atmosphere, after all, jokes seem funnier and scares seem scarier when lots of people are laughing (or screaming) with you. The first movie I ever remember seeing in a theater was Disney's Aladdin when I was seven. I remember thinking it was the greatest thing especially because I liked (and still like) people singing and dancing on screen. Plus the picture seemed so big it was like I was in there with the characters. It was.... fun! I hope everyone gets to see at least one movie in a theater just because everything seems just that much better on the big screen!


No comments:

Post a Comment