Sunday, June 15, 2014

Songs for my Dad

Since my Dad likes music (and particularly good music at that) I thought I wanted to write about some of the songs that make me think of him and that I think he likes quite a bit.

  • What a Day for a Day Dream-Lovin Spoonful-I was in the car with my Dad once and this song came on the radio and he started singing away to it and I couldn't help joining in. (Listen here)
  • Smooth-Santana (feat. Rob Thomas)-My dad was working on an old British sports car (one of his hobbies is buying old cars and fixing them up so they're like new-he's really good at it!) outside our house and listening to this song on CD - since then I've found that I've liked that song more because of this. (Listen here).
  • The Hunting Song -Tom Lehrer-I think at one point it was used as the theme song for the Red Green Show which is this most excellent TV program from Canada. My dad likes to hunt and I just think the song is really funny. (Listen here.)
  • The James Bond Theme-My Dad has always liked James Bond movies. Plus, I think the music is classy and I think my Dad is classy too! (Listen here).
  • You Go To My Head-Louis Armstrong-My Dad has always liked jazz music and this song makes me think of  my parents in general as they're always in my heart. (Listen here).

Happy Father's Day everyone! To my Dad: I love you ever so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment