Saturday, October 18, 2014

A concert

Today was the Boston Skyline Chorus's fall concert and it was really fun. As you can see we all got all dolled up and glam-looking and we all sounded great! I think what I liked most about it was how the whole thing was tied together with a story. We sang songs like Mack the Knife, Hallelujah, Kokomo ( by the Beach Boys) as well as some patriotic songs like the US national anthem and America the Beautiful. All these songs may not have seemed related but a chorus member tied them together into a story about a college student coming to Boston. In many ways it was very like the concept of the movie/play Mama Mia where seemingly unrelated songs are put together into a story. I like the story aspect of the performance best because I think music can tell many stories. What I know is that I'm  glad that I can be part of Boston Skyline Chorus and that it's part of my life's story, because it is really fun and I've been happy being part of it! I'm glad I can spread some of the happiness I feel when I'm singing with them, to a wider audience. Congratulations to the BSC for a wonderful performance!


Me with another lovely Boston Skyline Chorus member

No comments:

Post a Comment