Friday, March 1, 2013

Before the Parade Passes by...

I have yet another song for you people. It's called "Before the Parade Passes By" from the musical "Hello Dolly" and it never ceases to make me feel like soldiering on because I've always liked a good parade!

Before the Parade Passes By
(Music and lyrics by Jerry Herman)

Before the parade passes by I'm gonna go and taste Saturday's high life  
Before the parade passes by I'm going to get some life back into my life
I'm ready to move out in front I've had enough of just passing by life  

With the rest of them 
With the best of them 
I can hold my head up high
I've got to go again 

I've got to drive again 
I've got to feel my heart coming alive again 
Before the parade passes by
 

Look at the crowd up ahead  
Listen and heard that brass harmony growing  
Look at the crowd up ahead  
Pardon me if my old spirits showing  
All of those lights over there  
Seems to be telling me where I'm going
When the whistles blow  

And the cymbals crash  
And the sparklers light the sky  
I'm going to raise the roof  
I'm going to carry on 
Give me an old trombone  
Give me an old baton  
Before the parade passes by
 

Before the parade passes by  
Listen and hear that brass harmony growing  
Before the parade passes by 
I'm going to get some life back into my life 
I'm ready to move out in front 
I've had enough of just passing by life
When the whistles blow  

And the symbols crash
And the sparklers light the sky 

I'm going to raise the roof 
 I'm going to carry on
Give me an old trombone Give me an old baton
Before the parade passes by


So folks I've gotta go catch a parade and make those cymbals crash and send loads of sparklers into the sky in so many colors that they outnumber the stars. I hope you'll come too and never let celebrations pass you by!

No comments:

Post a Comment