Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hooray for problems!

Today I started to feel rather down because I got to thinking about all the problems that I felt I had  and how I needed to do more to find solutions to those problems. Since then I've got to thinking that if suddenly everyone's problems were magically solved to the extent that we'd never have to worry about any problems ever again, then what would we do all day? Although it would probably be really nice for a bit, I wonder whether, if we went straight from lots of problems to none at all, after a while things might get a bit boring. This isn't to say I operate best when I worry, it's just that if there was suddenly never any challenges to deal with, I would fear that would also take the need for creativity and possibly the fun out of life. For example the challenge of starting better communication among growing populations gave rise to things like smartphones. If the communication problem hadn't needed solving just think of all the cool apps we'd miss out on!

So I say hooray for problems-even though they might make things seem icky for a while, when solutions are found, hopefully they'll seem all the more rewarding because of the journey it took to reach the solution. Even though things might not turn out the way I want and sometimes it might be best to be like Mohammad and go to the mountain if the damn mountain can't  be moved, I now pledge to do my best climb over the mountain and get to the solution on the other side in the end. So bye for now, I have to go find out how/where to take mountain climbing lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment