Monday, September 2, 2013

Ah, nostalgia!

I have to admit that among the vast amount of music I like, I find that I especially like songs from the 50s, 60s and 70s. I like them in part because I like history and in part because my parents and grandparents listened to such music. Since they are some of the people I love best, knowing things about the things they liked in the past and how I now like some of the same music too, makes me feel an even greater sense of connection to them. The music symbolizes to me that no matter what happens, my family will always be with me, in my heart and in the music I listen to. So here are a few of the songs I like best that never get old for me (plus they're fun to sing in the shower!):
  • You Go To My Head (Louis Armstrong): It reminds me of my parents in that even though they might drive each other crazy sometimes, they're still crazy about each other!
  • Signed, Sealed, Delivered: (Stevie Wonder): It's cheerful and fun and Obama's theme song!
  • To Sir with Love (Lulu): It's from a movie with the same title. It's about a really good teacher and I like teachers!
  • Imagine (John Lennon): It makes me want to make the world a bit better too!
  • I've Got You Under My Skin (Frank Sinatra): I love Frank Sinatra!
  • The Girl from Ipanema (Astrud Gilberto, João Gilberto and Stan Getz) It's just so relaxing!
  • Ain't That A Kick In the Head (Dean Martin): I just like it!
  • You must Have Been a Beautiful Baby (Bobby Darin): All babies are beautiful.
  • R-E-S-P-E-C-T (Aretha Franklin): Everyone deserves respect!
  • Splish Splash! (Bobby Darin) I love baths! 

No comments:

Post a Comment