Thursday, September 5, 2013

The good 'ol days

I think it's interesting how people of a certain age, when talking about something nostalgic, sometimes start out this reminiscing  with the phrase: "in the good 'ol days" and then they'd go on about how good things were in the past. Since I'm not yet "of a certain age" I'm thinking of making a short list of things that are good now so when I get to be "of a certain age" I can look back and say to all the lil' mangy children how good things were (even if they get outdated). So here goes:  In my good 'ol days. (Please note that this list does include things that are already outdated but I guess that means I have some items that will be from the good "really" 'ol days!):
  • You could download music for free off the internet.
  • People still read actual books (not on those tablet/kindle thingys)
  • People put smilie faces on e-mails to friends. (hopefully people the trend will continue!)
  • People still got actual letters in the mail. (bills don't count)
  • People watched videos instead of DVDs (don't know why I miss it but hey-it's nostalgia!)
  • You could visit the cockpit on planes (especially if you were a cute little kid.)
  • Having a cordless phone (not a cell phone-a cordless phone-there's a difference!) was really cool!
  • Energy drinks existed to make everyone who drank them very hyper! (Or maybe that was just me.)
  • People always seemed to get dressed up to go out to dinner/to the theater.
  • People kept blogs! (hopefully they always will!)
Even though I'd talk about these things like they happened in the past, it's fun to remember things and know that life was and is a great thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment