Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy Anniversary to the Epilepsy Foundation of New England!

I just got back from volunteering at a reception celebrating the 30th anniversary of the founding of the Epilepsy Foundation of New England! It was an awesome event with a live band, silent auction, live auction, great food, and really fun people! It was all to raise money for programs that help people with epilepsy live full, happy, and active lives. The Epilepsy Foundation does a great deal for so many people. In some ways, they make me actually feel strangely proud to have epilepsy or at least to see a positive side of having this condition. After all, if I didn't have epilepsy I might not have had the opportunity to meet some of the wonderful people that I have the pleasure of knowing as a result of my interactions with the Foundation, such as participating in art classes and support groups. Plus, I think the Foundation helps people (and has helped me) to see that there is strength in numbers and I've felt stronger knowing that there's a whole community of people like myself who support and care about each other. I can't thank the Foundation enough for giving me the ability to be part of such a community. So you see, there is a bright side to everything, even having something like epilepsy! Congratulations to the Foundation, I'm so happy for them!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment