Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Happy Nurse Practitioner Week!

Apparently, this week is also Nurse Practitioner Week. I have to give a shout out to all the Nurse Practitioners (NPs) as I've been to see quite a few of them in my time. One that I know particularly well is my friend Christine. I think one of the things that makes a great NP is the compassion they show patients. Once when I was ill Christine convinced me to go to the hospital and she was one of the people who stayed with me until I'd been cleared to go home. It may seem like she was just being a good friend but I just know I felt better because she was there. I've been treated by other NPs as well and aside from the physical care they provide,  like Christine, they've all been very compassionate and I think it really helped me feel better. So I salute the NPs of the world as this is a week to celebrate them and I think it's a week well deserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment