Sunday, November 10, 2013

Some rules are worth breaking

I used to set quite a few rules for myself. Some of them I do still keep like eating regular meals and taking care of myself of course. However, I have broken quite a few of my rules and have found I've been quite happy doing it, even if they were a bit risky sometimes. Here are a few of them, just so I have it written down somewhere that I can live a little on the wild side with the best of 'em!
  • Former rule: Don't talking to strangers: Heck, I've blown that out of the water, I hug complete strangers! I have done this frequently and what is more, have enjoyed doing it. 
  • Former rule: Go to bed early (e.g. before midnight): Although I haven't entirely become a night owl, it can be fun to stay out a bit late and have some fun on weekends!
  • Former rule: don't watch horror movies: I've broken this rule and have found that with the exception of slasher movies, some horror movies are actually all right. Ok ok I admit, I do fast forward through quite a bit, but hey I'm broadening my horizons slowly but surely!
  • Former rule: Don't get lost: I get lost frequently but I've always found my way back home somehow. Plus, even though it puts me in a bit of a panic, I do find I see more of the world around me when I'm lost. 
  • Former rule: Don't take things offered by strangers: First let me say I'm very careful about this but there have been some instances where I've accepted things from people I had no connection with at all. Once I was trying to get to some location and I was very lost. A guy stopped and offered me a lift. I knew it was risky but it was also cold and wet out so I got in and he took me where I needed to go safely. I've never done that again (and don't plan to in future) but the experience did make me think that there are a lot of good people out there who will go out of their way to help someone.
Maybe these things are just risks I've taken but still, it's fun to think that there are some rules that can and should be broken. I want to branch out even more and see what good things come of it! I see more rule breaking in my future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment