Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Story of a Chocolate Cake

This poem is in honor of two of my roommates who somehow all had a really bad day today for different reasons which I won't go into because that's long and complicated and not remotely happy. So anyway, since chocolate cake makes everything better I thought I'd write a poem about it in an attempt to cheer people up!!

The Story of A Chocolate Cake

I went to an event this evening
And as many events do
This meeting included dinner
And pieces of chocolate cake too!

The presence of cake was fortuitous
As I would soon find out
And it was lucky I had the presence of mind
To grab pieces for my roommates on my way out

Upon arriving home I knew something was wrong
Tears were flowing and I didn't know what to say
But suddenly I realized  there was something that could save the day!
After all the happiness power of chocolate cake is mighty strong!

Fear not, I declared! things will eventually be all right!
Especially because I brought home cake tonight!
Just  a little something to make a bad day a little sweeter
Plus chocolate cake is a sadness beater!

Even though it might not solve the problems they had
After eating some cake my roommates didn't feel so bad
And the fact that they were no longer so sad
Caused me to also feel tremendously glad!

Dear reader if your day is cake-less and has also gone sour
I've created this poem as sweet as I can make it be
And have written it to remind you that days end in a few hours
Things will get better,  I promise, just wait and see!




No comments:

Post a Comment