Tuesday, November 26, 2013

When the going get's tough - dance harder!

At the Thrive Mentoring Conference I attended last weekend I had the privilege of being able to meet a woman named Simi Linton who is making a film about how a group of dancers is using their talents on the stage and the general dance floor to raise awareness and advocate for people with disabilities. It got me thinking about how dancing can be really moving and powerful as well as fun. I believe everyone can dance, if it's just your hands or waving your body from side to side, I figure as long as you're having fun that's dancing. I also think that because anyone and everyone can dance it, like many art forms, makes everyone equal. This is why it really is an ideal way to show how despite the challenges people face, there is still so much beauty and talent inside everyone and everyone deserves to have that talent shine. Currently the movie entitled Invitation to Dance isn't quite finished but updates and further details can be found on the movie's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/invitationtodancefilm/info). Whatever your situation in life might be and whatever happens in your life, I hope there's still a lot of dancing in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment