Monday, January 20, 2014

My favorite Dr. King quote

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."-Martin Luther King Jr.

It's cool how people, especially Dr. King can have such a way with words. It's like they were born to be quotable and do great things. I like this quote because it symbolizes Dr. King's fight against hatred and segregation. He did so much and inspired so many people, I'm glad that there's a day dedicated to remembering him every year. I like the quote above in particular because being angry and hating the things people do only makes me feel tired. I once heard that the best way to honor people who have died is to go on living. So in keeping with my New Year's resolution I'm going to continue to love more because hating and being angry just isn't worth the effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment