Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What I learned in 2013

What I learned in 2013

To laugh often because it makes things so much better
Even though it's not always easy, loving people is one of the nicest things to do.
I also learned to look for silver linings-even when things are hard, there's always a way to get through
I learned that while I might stumble and fall somehow I get back up
While inwardly shouting "Take that!" to whatever got me down
I didn't always think I could do that but I know I can now.

I learned that there's so much beauty in everyone's spirit
So much life and love people give
 So much strength in people
It is that life and love and strength that inspires me
And helps me to keep believing in humanity
And how good it is to live!

I have learned more about the things I want
Especially the things I want to be
I want to be there for people
Just as people have been there for me
If someone feels sad or in need of a friend
I learned that I want them to know they can find one in me

So yes in 2013 I learned and did quite a bit
And there's still so many things I want to accomplish
After all, there's no limit to what one can do
As long as I'm willing to set my mind to it!
So here's to 2014 and all the days it comes with
And I hope each one brings a lot of happiness to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment