Friday, August 8, 2014

Happiness Is

I have found out that there is a "Secret Society of Happy People!" I am so excited about this!! They have a website-http://sohp.com/what-is-happiness/. I liked the fact that the website had a section called "Happiness Is."  It inspired me to write this poem:

Happiness Is

Happiness is walking around with a smile on your face
Just because you've decided today is a good day
Happiness is treating yourself to something nice
Or just plain enjoying life
The beauty of it is that it can be felt by the whole human race

Being happy is important enough to be universally recognized
People write it into declarations since it's a human right
And some countries even measure their success by it
Everyone seeks it and it's the one thing that can always be found
Somehow I know things will be all right as long as happiness is around

I've found that there's always something to be happy about
Even if one's life feels like it's been turned inside out
At those times the really basic things come to mind
Like I can be happy I'm loved and that I can love
That thought picks me up whenever I feel down

I know I haven't touched on all of the things I think happiness is
And believe me, all those things would make a very long list
Even if I tried to describe everything -there'd always be something I'd  miss
But one thing I'll always know and no one can persuade me otherwise
Is that the best thing about happiness is that it exists!

No comments:

Post a Comment