Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Happy National Aviation day!

It's Orville Wright's birthday which was named National Aviation Day by Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1939. I really do like flying on planes although I do get a bit nervous when a plane I'm on takes off but after that I like the idea that I'm flying up above the clouds and that I'm going somewhere fast.   I remember when I was younger I thought it was so nice to get a pair of plastic wings like the air hostesses. I remember once when I was small and my family was going to visit my grandparents in England and my brother, sister, and and I were allowed to visit cockpit to see the pilot. I remember thinking I'd never seen so many buttons (and yes I did have a strong urge to press all of them at once but somehow restrained myself!) Since we were just over the the Atlantic Ocean I remember thinking I'd never seen anything so blue. These experiences aside,  I'm glad there are planes to ride in because they can bring me closer to the people I love most. I can't help loving planes for taking me back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment