Friday, August 1, 2014

Things I'd put in a time capsule

I love learning about history and people's stories and so I love this radio piece that they do on NPR sometimes where people tell stories about a family member or friend and the stories are being collected and stored at the Library of Congress for historical preservation. I thought it was a pretty cool  that they save things like that for posterity. It makes me think of what I might put in a time capsule for people to find. Here are some of the things I'd put in it.
  • A newspaper-I always liked seeing things in print.
  • An IPhone so when technology gets more advanced I can look back and see how far we've come.
  • A teddy bear so I can remember to always be young at heart.
  • A CD & CD player-just so one is preserved!
  • A picture of my family just as a visual reminder that they're always with me.
  • A letter just saying what was happening that day and my hopes for the future.
  • A book-just because I like them.
  • A cooking recipe-just so I can look back and remember things I like to make. 
  • A printed out post from this blog just to see how much it evolves over time.
  • A DVD-maybe a cartoon or something that's funny just because laughter should be preserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment