Friday, March 7, 2014

March 7th- the first day of the Paralympics!

As I feel the Paralympics merits even more fanfare, I want to further publicize the fact that the opening ceremonies for the 2014 Winter Paralympics in Sochi, Russia was today. I liked the ceremony and especially the fireworks and dancing. It was really beautiful. I also liked watching the athletes enter the stadium, it felt good to see so many! The things I like best about the Paralympics in general is that it shows that anyone can achieve greatness and great success no matter what circumstances they face. They have really cool events that are virtually identical to those of the Olympic games, they're simply modified the events to meet the needs and abilities of the competing athletes so they can really showcase their talents. For example, they have sports such as ice sledge hockey. Sochi is apparently the biggest Paralympics yet with more athletes than ever before which makes me even more psyched about it!!!! I hope people watch it. Even though it's not as widely broadcast in the US you can still watch it online here. Best of luck to everyone competing!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment