Monday, March 10, 2014

UK wins their first ever Winter Paralympic Gold!

It's official the UK has won their first Paralympic gold for a Winter Paralympics! Kelly Gallagher won the women's Super-G race ( A super giant slalom skiing race.) Kelly and her guide were able to get down the mountain in 1 minute 28 seconds. What I like most about her story is the fact that she had finished in last place in the downhill race on Saturday. I like how people can bounce back and win like that. After all, if you don't have to do any struggling for it, winning isn't as much fun. Plus, once you've worked so hard to achieve something, especially something as big as a gold medal at the Paralympics, I figure you've come too far to give up when things don't go so well. At the very least, I think it's really wonderful that people can even get as far as to compete in the Paralympics (or the Olympics, for that matter) because it shows that they've reached the highest level of skill.  The fact that they were able to go so far, makes all those involved in the Paralympics seem like winners to me. I'd give them all medals if I could but that would probably make medals really boring. I'll have to think of something else, hmmm, brain cells working-still thinking. When I come up with something I'll ship the prizes off to Sochi!

No comments:

Post a Comment