Sunday, February 2, 2014

Things a person who still doesn't understand football can actually appreciate about the Super Bowl

Ok so I still don't think I have the greatest understanding of American football other than that the game  involves two groups of men running at each other at high speed to grab at a ball that one of them is clutching for dear life, that a touch down is really good and worth 6 points and then they have to kick the ball again to get the 7th point. Why touch downs aren't 7 points I don't know.  Anyway, even though I may not know everything there is to know about football I actually liked watching the Super Bowl this year for the following reasons:
  • As always, it's fun to watch it with friends and cheer like the teams can hear us
  • Some of the commercials are actually funny (and this is coming from someone who hates commercials.)
  • I liked how this year they saluted the soldiers overseas and included messages from them to their families at home. 
  • The half time show is pretty good and this year was no exception with Bruno Mars and fireworks. Big events seem even bigger with fireworks and I like Bruno Mars!
  • Since I'm impartial as to who wins, I'm really happy for whichever team wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment