Tuesday, November 11, 2014

To Veterans

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived." George S. Patton 

As it's veterans day I find myself thinking of my father and grandfather who were both veterans who served in the Vietnam War and World War II respectively. I thank God that they lived and that my dad is still living, not just because without them I wouldn't be here, but also because they, like many veterans inspire me to want to be a better human being. The idea that people are willing to risk their lives so people like me can live freely is very humbling.  I will continue to strive to be a better person as I think it's one of the best things I can do to honor veterans. If only so that I can live up to the standard of bravery and dedication that veterans showed throughout their time in the armed forces. If you read this and you're a veteran I want to tell you thank you very much for your service and that I'm very glad you came home!

No comments:

Post a Comment