Saturday, November 1, 2014

Why I love daylight savings time

I love daylight savings time
I just like the idea that
It means I get one more hour
To sleep or to do something equally nice
Like write this blog or talk with people I like

Even if the sky gets darker earlier because of it
I like to think each day brings us closer to more light
And even if it means things get rather colder
I just have to think about how nice it is to come home
And know I have some warm place to snuggle up in at night!

Even when it's time to move clocks forward again
I find I don't mind it so much because it means spring has come
With it's flowers and sunshine to spread again
But for now to end this poem, I just wanted to say to everyone
Don't forget to turn your clocks back before you go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment