Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ways I've never grown up...

"Another belief of mine; everyone else my age is an adult whereas I'm merely in disguise." -Margaret Atwood

To me this quote is all about refusing to grow up. I find that there are times when I feel like I'm not as "grown up" as others who happen to be around my age. However, I find I learn so much more from people around me because of this. In any case here are some things I still haven't grown out of yet:

  • I still like reading "kids books" like Harry Potter and the Railway Children. They make me feel happy. 
  • I still look to my parents for advice (whether this is a childish thing is debatable but I've always trusted them.)
  • I still like watching Disney movies like Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.
  • I still view cleaning my room as a chore (nevertheless it does get cleaned but I like to say it looks "lived in!")
  • I miss having recess!
I don't think I want to give up these childish things however old I get. I have a feeling that no matter what happens, a part of me will remain young and relatively innocent. At least that's what I'd like to happen. Ultimately I like to think there's a bit of a kid in everyone and letting that little kid out from time to time makes life more fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment